Artists Choose their Favorites: Page Railsback

On her blog, Page Railsback writes "I start each day freshly with 'beginners mind'... experimenting, letting the intuitive process take me away".  Page's words confirm my impression that she's an artist who isn't afraid to experiment, to take risks, and to have fun with her work. She uses heavily textured brushwork and strong color to create a fascinating balance between abstraction and reality. Her paintings that are both surprising and utterly beguiling

Esquina  acrylic  12"x 5" 2013
I did this as a DEMO for one of my Puerto Vallarta, Mexico painting classes last year. I am happy with the abstract quality of the composition, the color choices, the neutral greys, tans and whites allowing the colorful rooftop, sky and sea to be brilliant.
The Porch  acrylic  30"x 30"  2013
I love this for sentimental reasons. I spent 25 years on this porch. No painting could ever express the joy, peace and fun that I experienced sitting in this corner of this porch amidst rain, sun, crickets, sunsets and many fun social and family gatherings. I will continue to paint this scene and porch over and over again to re-capture the love.
You can see more of Page Railsback's work at her blog and her website, and be sure to check out her post from last year of her two favorite paintings of 2012.

The current theme is Artists Who Blog- Favorites of 2013.  Chosen artists have sent in one or two of their favorite paintings from 2013, along with some words about the creation of the work, or about general new directions and goals. There will be a fresh post each day for twenty five days, so check back often. 

Comments

Popular Posts